[TechAssist] GE in parental lock, blue screen with a red key.

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:42:09 -0700

I just had a customer call me with a 2 year old GE in parental lock,
blue screen with only a red key in the corner.  He gave the model number
as 24GP653 and a chassis number as CH10C1(S).  My notes say to use menu
to get to the password screen and enter a master code of 6688.  The
customer said the menu button would not do anything soooo;
question 1.  Is this the correct procedure?
question 2.  If not, what is the correct procedure?
question 3.  Is this the correct chassis number or is the customer
reading it wrong or is the set something other than a Thomson-made TV?
He bought it from a rent-to-own store.  Thanks for any help.  John.
--
John Mielke
Main TV

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, click:
mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe%20chat