[TechAssist] Re: GE VCR Model VG4030A Will not turn off.

  • From: "Tech Repair CD support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 18:57:08 -0400

Fernand,
Usually checking the ESR of the caps and replacing the high ones will repair
these.
If you don't have an ESR meter, replace C09, C14, C04 and the 1µf cap, if it has
these.C09 may be non-polar.
If you have that other power supply, compare measurements.
Jeff
FAX 717-564-4952
Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg PA 17111-2055
Be careful of your thoughts.
They may become your words any moment.
Order your tip CD today. Filled with TV, VCR, camcorder tips and more.
Version 3.0, ready, with more tips, user friendly program.
$49.00 for CD, plus first year of tip updates.
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
www.tech-repair.net www.intrepid-video.com
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com