[TechAssist] GE TV/VCR M#13TVR60-Ch#TVR1/2A

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:45:43 -0600

Customer brought this combo unit in with tape stuck in vcr, I removed the
tape manually and tried unit, when first plugged in the video head starts to
rotate and the power LED blinks approx. six times and thats it. I have no
service manual for this unit and checked on the cost of one and they said
$40-$60. I checked voltage sources on power supply board as they were marked
on the board. The only voltage that is off considerably is the 5v and it
reads 2.8v. I traced this back to IC #IP02 have 5v on pin 1&2 and 0v on pin
3 and 2.8 on pin 4. Don't know if this IC is a 5v reg. or what? Also voltage
on HOT collector is 108v, which seems low with no drain on transister. Any
ideas or common problems with these sets? As usual the customer had the set
given to her and doesn't want to spend much on it, any help would be
appreciated!

                                                  Dan Webster
                                                  Webster's TV
                                                  Shullsburg, Wi.