[TechAssist] Re: GE CTC-203AA9 MODEL 27GT630

  • From: Alvin Rose <ajroseca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:10:59 -0330

Hi Al
The degaussing coil is plugged in to the terminals near the
power input..It is not connected in any way to the q4101
switcher but it instantly shorts the transistor and blows the fuse
The coil is connected in the relay and fuse circuit..I can't see any
reason for
the shorted Mosfet..When the fuse blows the mosfet is shorted
at both junctions..Disconnect the coil and it will work fine.
With a shorted coil it should only blow the fuse.
Alvin