[TechAssist] Re: GE 31GT740 CTC203CA10 Fix

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

Problem was a ribbon cable that was setting crooked in the slot. From the
imprints in the foil it had been that way from the factory. Apparently when I
repaired the problem that it came in for,
the cable was on the ragged edge and I bumped it and the problem showed up.

                         Paul
Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Set came in dead. Replaced HOP xstr. and soldered l14404 and driver
transformer. Set has red screen in between channel changes, and menu is barely
visible because the background of the menu is red. What is seen mostly is a red
block where the menu is. The rest of the picture is normal and the picture is
normal otherwise.
Paul

Paul ,B
Central TV&Video