[TechAssist] GE 27GT614 CTC177BE grainy pix on some channels

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 15:22:05 EDT

 This set came in with grainy image on some channels. Off air low band seems
okay. Channel 10 and 13 are almost snowy, quite grainy. Cable shows similar
symptom on upper channels. The tuner wrap had already been done by another shop
some time back and the chassis shows evidence of considerable resoldering
outside the tuner area. My first thought was to closely inspect prior work
hoping
to find a solder bridge but no luck.
 I have changed U1001 T-Chip, U7301 mixer/oscillator IC and Q7102 VHF rf amp
with no improvement. The voltage of the rf  agc on pin 12 of U1001 is at 8 vdc
when on ch 13, it should be 5vdc approx. Adjusting rf agc menu parameter
makes no difference. Lifting pin 12 makes no difference. I get a snowy image
without any antenna which seems to indicate good front end gain to me.
 Some kindness and soft spoken words would be most appreciated. Actually some
useful tips would be better.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine