[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Zenith combi SMV1341s TV works, will not accept tape]

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 08:55:40 -0800

Check the loading switch.  If you have no mechanical noise, or noise from
the load motor when you attempt to load a tape this could be the cause.  You
should be able to trigger the loading switch manually without a tape and see
if you get the load motor to function.
Also check large round gear stack on right end of cassette carriage. Plastic
clips that hold stack together may be broken. If this is the case, the
cassette carriage will not engage the loading switch.
Hope this helps.
Bill

Premium Technologies
Ocean Park, WA. 98640