[TechAssist] [Fwd: Zenith PTV: PVY4665DT had three bowed lines from top only. has sound,2-FIXES]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:48:17 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Zenith PTV: PVY4665DT had three bowed lines from top only. has
sound,2-FIXES
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:46:12 -0500
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
863-299-8821

By the way this model comes out of the box for carry in like the RCA's,
so carried it in to shop. 1).Had dark screen all but three lines (R,B,G)
bowing down from the top.Found on the 9-1674 defl/power supply board  an
open resistor R3243 (110K ohm 1/2 W) located under  R3244 (82K 1W) ,Next
to the stand up board by the flyback. The 82K was OK but I read
somewhere to change it too.Projecting it on our white tile ceiling it
looked good,but closer inspection looking down the tubes showed the blue
video was strange,like excess contrast and unclear. This #2 fix was an
open resistor on the blue CRT board (9-1303), R5102 (120K, 1/2 W). Each
of the CRT boards have this resistor. Ready to go now.
SUBJECT field to the address above.