[TechAssist] Re: Fwd: Re: Sylvania/Funai Md#6427TA (UPDATED info)

  • From: "William Rayburn" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:39:51 -0700

Thanks, Randy I'll try the 1.5k value as soon as I get the HOT and I'll post
what I find..
Bill

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member
Premium Technologies
PO Box 442
Long Beach, Wa. 98631
(360) 642-4993
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 19:49:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Randy Evans
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sylvania/Funai Md#6427TA
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bill and Jeff:

I found this thread below on google-groups on Sunday.
It seems it is getting even more confusing.

Randy Evans
VCR SERVICE
Delta, Ohio 43515

sylvania TV model 6427CTA mfg in 2000

Follow up:
Sylvania service dept finally returned the requested information
Both resistor are 2w 1.5k
still would love a copy of schematic if anyone has it available
thanks
chuck
chuck wrote:
> Hi can some one please help me out, I need values for R574 and R575 for
> a sylvania TV model 6427CTA mfg in 2000 there is no chassis number only
> a circuit bd with the production number BL1200F01012-1 I have looked on
> manuals4U.com with out results a web search would indicate tat this is a
> common failure on this set but no resistor values can I find... can
> anyone post or email these value or scan and send this portion of
> schematic I will be extreemly greatful
> Thanks Chuck

Intrepid Video Support wrote:
Bill,
I have found tips that give two different numbers for the HOT.
From Tech Repair CD:
SYLVANIA \SRT2027\Dead. Fuse Ok\\\\1. Bad Solder On R601 7 Watt .47 Ohm Stand
Up Resistor In
Power
Supply\2. Replace Q571 #2sd2578. Resolder Many Bad Areas In Horizontal
Circuit\\\\\\\

This is the set I worked on that had the board burnt and I had to repair the
traces:
Sylvania\SRT2027\Dead Just hear small start noise\\\\1st Problem R396(220ohms) &
R397(220ohms)burned
D397(8.2 zener) shorted.\2nd Problem Opto IC501 bad. Main B+ should be 43volt
in standby
mode and 120 when
on.\3rd Problem Shuts right off Q672 40k ohms leak from collector to base
causing
shutdown\\\\\\

Jeff
--