[TechAssist] Fwd: Problem found?? Part needed..Toshiba... CF27E30 1996 model...no video, no audio, no OSD HV OK

  • From: Jeff Dougherty <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:52:43 -0400

Does anyone have this tuner in their bone yards, before I order from Tip Top?
23321126 EL417LW

Russ,
Thanks for the reply...
Pins 27 and 28 are high..almost 8vdc.
Found when lifting pin 4, 5 of tuner voltages go back to normal on micro and I
now have OSD and snow on tuner, but no video still on video one..and no audio
in either mode.

OK..brain storm, I also lifted the audio out pin of tuner and video inputs work
fin.
I'm going to replace the tuner...thanks to all who replied.
--
Jeff

Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
Fax: 717 564  495 2
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:11:36 -0700, graytv,
 graytv@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hey Jeff,
>

> I've got a Sams on this set that I'm looking at.  Without knowing
> what else you may have checked, the first thing I see is pin 9 of
> that IC is labeled "RGB VCC", 8.9vdc, L204 could be open.  Or what
> about SCL and SDA on pins 27 and 28?  Both have 100 ohm resistors
> on their inputs.  And don't forget VCC's (which I'm sure you must
> have checked), on pins 46 and 18.  Finally, don't overlook the
> possibility that you got a bad IC.
>
> hth, Russ Gray, A+, Pres.
>

>> More information on this unit.
>> On Q501 TA1223AN:
>> Pin 37..waveform(video in)
>> Pin 19-21(RGB out), no wave form, if I inject video to these
>> three, the
>>
> screen lights up.
>> Pin 41(video out) I have a wave form.
>> I thought the IC was bad, so I replaced it with Toshiba part, not
>> no
>>
> change.
>> One final attempt to see if anyone else has any ideas...
>>

>> I have the schematic..but I can't understand why there is no RBG
>> out from
>>
> this new IC.
>> --
>> Jeff