[TechAssist] Re: Fw: PC assist required,losing folders&connections???

  • From: "AcidPh Poh" <aguidori@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 05:35:19 +0000

Should not have to reconfigure a new connection this may be why you loose
oldsettings, what you should do is try to re-establish connection without
reconfiguring your email. Then open up your outlook click on tools then
accounts, click on mail tab and edit properties. You may have created
serveral accounts by making new connections everytime, delete those accounts
that you have made previously, you should only have one.

depending on the service that you have your communication may be software or
hardware. if it is a software like winpoet,or enternet 300..ect and have a
dynamic ip. then you must uninstall the software and reboot the machine.
Follow instructions carefully during reinstall. if you have norton utills.
Make sure that you dissable norton first, before installation.  Enter
configuration provided by your service provider.  If you have a hardware
connection and is on a static ip then you have to configure tcp/ip
connectionusing network settings in control panel.  You should not have to
make a new connection everytime you are disconnected. Try and solve the
problem using the existing settings and see if you have missed something.
Another trick is to reset your dsl modem by unpluging it for a few seconds
and plugging it back in again this will reset your communication.

I'm a more hands on than givings instruction when it comes to computer have
to see the problem to fix it but I hope that helps.
----Original Message Follows---- From: "Chaz" Reply-To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist]
Re: Fw: PC assist required,losing folders&connections??? Date: Fri, 16 Nov
2001 21:25:07 -0600 Let's see if my entire message actually makes it to the
list this time ... Second attempt to answer this: Don, It sounds like you
arehaving a familiar problem that many others have experienced since the
"birth" of DSLmodem internet connections. I've had many customers experience
the same problem as yours. What I've found is several things that can cause
this. The main problem is that the DSLmodem and ME are NOT "handshaking"
properly for usage and trhouput of the connection. One solution was to
updatethe DSLmodem's driver specifically for use with ME. Another was that
the DSLserver had to update the drivers on their end (especially if they
weredistributing the DSLmodems). Third, in some areas (if you own your own
DSLmodem), some services do not provide both ADSL and SDSL together
(either/or is the choice). In this case, you MUST use a modem capable of the
"specific" or "both modes" of service. FOurth, I have found a few modems
thatjust plain weren't worth the plastic box they were screwed into. These
were mainly custom-built for the subscribers for distributing to their
customers, and/or were built by a third party factory. I even found some
which were clones. I found that out by running a check on their FCC and
other#'s fixed to their label(s). They would show up as "Not a Registered
Product". Hopefully, this bit of info will help some. One more thing, as a
last resort, have your subscriber send you a new modem (irregardless of
recieving one already if the problem still persists). And I strongly
recommend verifying those FCC and other #s on the modem to make sure you
havea 'real" and not "clone" product. Chaz From: "Don Hartigan" To: Subject:
[TechAssist] Fw: PC assist required,losing folders&connections??? Date sent:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:49:44 -0400 Send reply to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>----- Original Message ----- >From: Don Hartigan >To: 2001 1:46 PM
>Subject: PC assist required,losing folders&connections??? >>>For the past 2
weeks my PC keeps losing its connections to my NB-TEL server &I >also lose
any new folders i have created in my ''in-box''.Iam not computer smart >so
will try to explain as best I can.When I lose my connections I have to
>reinstall all info required for a new connection,ie,server tel#,name,my
>password,incoming POP,outgoing SMTP.I contacted my server,NB-TEL,&went thru
the >same setup with them.All is fine until I have to do a restart on my
PC,then i'm >back to square one and have to go thru the whole process
again.Ialso lose any >folders I have created in my ''in-box''.My
''CONSUMER-EL''&PC&MONT''folders have >disappeared.Iam using ''ME'' &have
''Norton'',which has not shown any virus >problems.Any assistance
appreciated...tia...regards....Don of HARTS-TVCR. >>>--- >Outgoing mail is
certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.286 / Virus Database: 152 - Release
TechAssist online repair tips >database better! Submit your fixes here:
>http://www.circuitwork.com/techassist/tip/#tips

--- Links ---
   1 'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp'