[TechAssist] Fw: Magnavox TS3262 fix

  • From: "repair11" <repair11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:29:09 -0500

 Magnavox  TS3262 ( 32R503)

 Symptom: customer said went out during storm, I checked set in home, found
no evidence of storm damage, relay would click on and off set would not come
on. I noticed an arc coming from diode mod board(pincushion), resoldered
connections on L704 on diode mod board, made no diffeence. I pulled chassis
into shop , and found Q700 and 702 shorted, I replaced with nte159s, I also
found D502 shorted,(by228) same as Rca damper diode, changed it set would
come on with horiz foldover squeal and blow D502, I then found D701 on diode
mod board shorted(33v zener) and R731 (4.71/2 watt) open, changed these same
results. All this time I was running chassis on 25 " phillips tube and yoke,
I went back to customer's house and pulled rest of set. THAT WAS THE FINAL
 PROBLEM!!!! Yoke mismatch was  the reason for odd symptoms after parts
replacement, hth, sorry it took so long to post, Thanks to Bob Waterman and
Robinson Electronics who sent me a pdf of sweep and mod board .

 Charles Betzler
 Best Electronics
 repair11@xxxxxxx