[TechAssist] Fw: Computer Problem - Internet Explorer - FIXED

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:26:04 -0600

I finally solved this mysterious problem that came out of no where on my
computer.  Orignal problem - could not complete a link when I clicked on a
link on an email, froze up between OE & IE.  Also could not upgrade my
Norton - got error message "No products on this machine that can be updated
by Live Update".

Solution was on the Symantec site. Somehow my Oleaut32.dll file
(Windows/System Folder) became the wrong version. Symantec gave a step by
step instruction on changing this file to the correct version.  I have no
idea on how this changed, but now everything is working properly again.

Thanks to all who responded.

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair
Isle, Mn.