[TechAssist] Re: Friends Gateway 500 essential,won't load win98

  • From: "Dave" <dazevedo4@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:44:05 -0500

get the restore disk from your client, the should be 2 or 3 CD's,   CD1 has
a program gwscan, run gwscan in DOS, (cd's are bootable), if you get an
error that go back is running disable it,  then reboot the system using cd 1
and you should get a install menu first try deleting and reinstalling only
the windows 98.  If you are not able to get this far and the client doesn't
have anything real important, run gwscan and use the write zero's option,
then if that passes, boot cd 1 again and it will do an autoload just sit
back and watch.  It will have you swap disk a few times.  there will be a
few things that it won't load, on the 3rd CD. these will have to be loaded
through booting to the cd 3 and picking them in the menu.

Dave