[TechAssist] Fixed sony KV27XBR36 shuts off when built in IR headphone activated slow start

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:09:29 +0000

I replaced the standby 12 v reg w/ on-off 3120C didn't help, Changed out The
IR board with known good one didn't help. Had earlier treid G boared with no
luck so sat on back burner for a while (was a shop set) so monitor voltage
on intial plug in with IR board removed would sit for a couple of min's then
start to pulse more and more rapidly for about 5 min until it eventually
turned on, having gone over the main board sevral times decided to try the G
board agin since whatever remains however improbable must be it. The standby
voltage on the 17 V supply would start out cold at about <11V then after
some warm up to about 12.3 V would come on so had checehedk most of the
normally troubbling caps on the G board were reading ok so decided to
replace the ones near the standby plug anyway after pulling and testing the
one Key appears to have been C662 220Uf @ 35V subbed it with a 50V the
1000uf would read a little low when chilled to -40 but the key seems to have
been C662 worked perfectly

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: sony KV27XBR36 shuts off when built in IR
headphone activated slow start
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:35:21 -0400

I had one of these that drove me crazy.  It had leaky caps in the IR module
and the transmitter module, as well as a bad 12v regulator.  Also, these
units tend to have bad solder joints at all of the low voltage regulators
and throughout the power supply.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World