[TechAssist] Fisher RS-914A Blown outputs-with sk replacements

  • From: "Tri-County Tv" <tricountytv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:38:00 -0400

Hello Everyone,
                        A Fisher RS-914A amp came in the shop today with blown
outputs (2SA1302 & 2SC3281) , looked up my inventory and I have several
original # is SK's in stock-- After making sure nothing else was wrong with
that channel, I installed the SK's ( the writing was a little different in
contrast on the front of the SK transistors but everything else look ok). After
running for 5 min at low volume they blew. Now I'm thinking these are
counterfeit transistors disguised as SK, but in all fairness I will try putting
the transistors from the other good channel to the bad side and install
ANOTHER set of SK's in the good side and see what happens. To be continued--

Tom Berger
Tri-County TV
Robbinsville
North Carolina 28771