[TechAssist] FIXED! THANKS! ...Need SCHEMATIC for ANY TOSH. Which Uses TA1310 J...

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MDileo0000@xxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:26:26 -0800

Thanks to all those that sent me schematics and tips on this Toshiba
CZ27V51 with excessive brightness. This was really a tough one. It
turned out to be Q908 (part of a 7 transistor circuit on the CRT
board), even though the voltage on the B and E of the output
transistors was OK. Really seemed like an ABL problem.

Q908 was leaky and I couldn't see that it was critical to even have
this transistor circuit functioning. I disconnected the collector and
the brightness finally went normal (was way too bright). Replaced
Q908.

Thanks again for sending the prints and tips. Funny thing - the print
with a model no. that was almost the same (CZ32V51) didn't have this
special circuit on the CRT board. The 27A60 did!

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green
 2001 TV VCR
 Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
 760-934-2001                           mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

Mac> Bil,

Mac> Toshiba models 32A32 and 27A50 use TA1310 and are listed in the
index-video
Mac> txt. page of the secure members area. You will need to request
administration
Mac> to place it on the download page.

Mac> Dominic DiLeo
Mac> Atlantic TV
Mac> Freeport, Maine
Mac> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mac> In a message dated 1/23/04 12:39:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mac> tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Mac> << Toshiba 27" TV
Mac>  Model CZ27V51 or ANY SIMILAR model
Mac>  Chassis TAC 9911
Mac>  2000 Model

Mac>  I DIDN'T GET ANY RESPONSE FROM SEVERAL LISTS I POSTED TO LAST NIGHT
Mac>  I REALIZE IT'S A HASSLE TO SCAN TV SCHEMATICS. Maybe someone has a
Mac>  1999 or 2001 print or even a 19" with the same jungle chip - Just
Mac>  need a small portion or even a couple voltages to check instead.

Mac>  NEED SCHEMATIC OR HELP

Mac>  Bright screen with retrace lines

Mac>  Screen voltage is normal (and turning screen down causes red smear)
Mac>  CRT cathodes are around 70V (200V supply is normal). Color output
Mac>  transistors base and emitter voltage is normal.

Mac>  ADJUSTING THE BRIGHTNESS LIMITER IN THE SERVICE MENU CAUSES NO
Mac>  CHANGE. Other adjustments do work

Mac>  A few weeks ago the CRT went bad (no vacuum) and R216 was smoking.
Mac>  I replaced the CRT and R216 (with a 22k) and the set worked OK.

Mac>  I need a partial print (brightness limiter circuit - flyback to
Mac>  jungle chip) or someone to tell me the correct value of R216 and
Mac>  other parts in that circuit which may be causing a brightness
Mac>  limiter problem.

Mac>  --
Mac>  Best regards,

Mac>   Bil Green
Mac>   2001 TV VCR
Mac>   Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Mac>   760-934-2001                          mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, click:
mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe%20chat