[TechAssist] Re: FIXED : Mitsubsihi VS50501A Z905 Repeat Failure

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:07:04 -0500

Turned out to be a faulty STK391-020 AMP IC.  Isolated the problem by
unplugging the convergence coil plugs one at a time and running the set.

What was odd was that the fuse didn't blow until after about 60 seconds or
so from a cold start......chip had to warm up a tad before it failed.

I pulled the blue convergence plug first and after that 60 seconds the Red
CRT dimmed and made this god awful screech!!  But did not blow the
fuse....although I hit the power real fast!

Removed the red and the blue and ran it for a few minutes , then scoping the
pins on the convergence plus for those two crts , revealed -22VDC on the red
convergence plug!  Bingo!

Changed the IC8W00 STK391-020 fixed it....running nice right now.  -24 Line
draws 1/2 amp consistently

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street