[TechAssist] [ FIXED ] Mitsubishi VS6043 chassis VZ3 -Soldering yoke P.C. board connections.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:48:12 -0600

I knew about that method, Damon,...but,...I'm not a big fan about soldering
hard to get at locations when they pass the tapping test. Also, I don't like
to disturb the yoke position on a set that has near perfect convergence to
start with. If the Red yoke connection goes bad, I might HAVE to do it your
way, cause there is less space to work at on the right side.

I also don't believe in replacing e-caps, and (especially) resistors that
test good. Even though they have a history of going bad. I don't get anymore
recalls then any other, above average tech does.

IMHO,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                             " I forgot,..to remember,..
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           to forget "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx