[TechAssist] Re: FIXED! CTC169PG M#P46731AT

  • From: "Lindsey Altman" <athomeservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:19:42 -0500

Hi All,

     Finally got this one going! It's been a couple months or more since I
first posted on this one. Not sure where the email is actually.
May not have sent it all... First the memory, or is it eyes/ hair? Any how,
I changed the yoke board mounted on the middle of the cabinet  to
effect repair. Never saw this symptom in an "RCA 169", that wasn't related
to the "Auxiliary Power Supply". Looked like defective diodes
on the supply board. After I replaced the filament resistor to the tubes.
Pulsed, red tube lit with retrace only, repeated endlessly I suspect.
Resistor location R4703 / 2.1ohm 3W got the filaments back (note: must be
checked out of circuit). The schematic says 3.2 but research by
"North Texas Distributors" got the right one for me. They also stuck it in
the mail for under a dollar. Thank you NTD.
     I may decide to troubleshoot further but depends on the time here. I'll
let ya'll know if further develops in it. I'm also going to add a fan to
extend play life on this unit I hope. I added some stiff cardboard behind
the gaskets to prevent cuts / coolant leakage and taped them in place.

                                     HTH,

                                         Lindsey

AT HOME SERVICE COMPANY
Lindsey Altman