[TechAssist] Re: FIX RCA combo T19060 shuts off when going f...

  • From: "mike wilson" <mykeelike@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:39:02 +0000

RCA combo T19060GY . Power shuts off if stop button is pressed when vcr is
in FF. Also pix flickers  when tape is loading. Caused by bad load motor.
Old motor drew 540ma, new motor draws 22ma on bench supply 6v.

Fix seems obvious now but without a schematic I became fixated on a
mysterious power supply problem.  I thought about the motor but had never
seen a motor cause these symptoms before.
Flickering pix during load of the old pan vcr's was caused by bad caps in
the power supply.
Thanks, Dominic.

Mike

Mike Wilson