[TechAssist] Re: Escalera Stair Climbing Handtruck

  • From: Hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:04:34 EST

I also am a one man shop with some part time help. The larger TV's now days
are Wide Screen (16X9), this makes them difficult if not impossible to use any
type of hand truck or lift. You might want to consider that before buying one.
My service Bench for the Large TV's is only 18" high. I can slide a small
piece of carpet under one side and lift the other side onto the bench. I then
lift the other side up. I have done this for years, and it works very well. I
can
load and unload my service bench by myself. I also have a home made cart that
is also 18" high. When a 36" direct view TV comes in I unload it from the
customers truck (or my truck) onto this cart, then I can easily slide it onto
the
service bench. I have a Chevy cube van with a lift gate, which makes pick up
and delivery much easier. I have a school student that works from 3 until 5
Tuesday and Thursday...Wednesday if I need him. I schedule all my pickup and
deliveries for that time slot. Works for me.

Tommy Herman
Herman TV
250 School Ave SW
Taylorsville  N.C.  28681
828-632-5322 Voice
828-632-3880  Fax
hermantvr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi fellow techs & shops;

I'm still very interested in comments from ANY tv-repair shops that use the
Escalera Stair Climbing Handtruck for moving large TV's
http://www.escalera.com/moving/tv.htm  I need a good lift that will help me
and my back and get these heavy sets off the customers truck and then take
out back to clean the chassis with an air-gun then take into the shop and
onto the work bench - all by myself. (one man) Generally, I like being able
to lift a heavy set or PTV by myself and place it on our work bench or for
the large PTV's just work on it while it is on still on the lift.

Does your shop have one? If so, I am very interested in your comments?

Dan Garris
GARRIS TV
3104 Neuse Blvd.
New Bern, NC 28560