[TechAssist] Re: Emerson EWC1303

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:59:07 -0800

thanks John,
it looks like you were right,these voltages are low until turn-on.
I found the Stand-by 5v at Q609.
I was not getting the Turn-on-on signal from the Micro to Q605.
The problems turned out to be with the 5v Reset at the Micro.
It is(was) .3v,should be 5v.
I forced it to reset with the All +5v,then it stayed
up(even after unplugging,and plugging back in)
After troubleshooting the Reset Transistor and components,it looks like the
Micro itself is bad.
Although it turns on now,it shuts right back off.
This is my uncle's TV.He brought it in about a month ago saying it wouldn't
turn on and a tape was stuck.I plugged it up,it fired up and it spit tape
out fine.
sent him on his merry way.
Now he brings it back and it IS dead.It was a set his son-in-law won in a
raffle.
My guess is,it was a refurb,that never got 'refurbed'.
I'm calling it a Bad Micro,got too much time in it as it is.

Peggs