[TechAssist] Electrohome model 69CK02, chassis WM-A-C15R buzzing noise and lines inpix

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 01:26:45 -0700

This 12 year old Electrohome 27" TV has a loud buzzing noise coming from
the speakers.  If I mute the volume the noise disappears and if I raise
the volume to maximum the noise decreases in loudness.  At the same time
there are horizontal lines of snow in the picture on tuner. And on video
input the picture is wavey and dark.  I have checked all caps for ESR in
the P/S and hor. circuits.  After 20 minutes the noise and lines go away
and the picture looks good.  Any ideas?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada