[TechAssist] Re: Electrohome 33CJ11, dark picture,picture tube is good. FIXED

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 00:07:33 -0700

C213, 10uF @ 50 volts, was the culprit.  In circuit it tested fine for
ESR and out of circuit it measured 12-15uF.  It also had that fishy
smell when I heated it up.  I would never have thought to change it
except for Tony's tip.  I changed it just to eliminate it as a possible
cause for my dark picture.  If all tests fail, just change it!  Thanks
to Tony (TTT). =20

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada