[TechAssist] Re: Downloads Can't open--where

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 23:37:06 +0000

Hugh and others:
       There is also another way to read it   open office will open it.
www.openoffice.org has a suite of tools that wil read microsoft and other
file types I think I may have even seen a viewer for autocad files don't
quote me though. Version 1.1 will output in PDF, Does spread sheets and
wordprocessing. Best of all it is open source and free for both windows and
Linix.. it works better if you install java first which is also free from
SUN. Other free software out there is AFPL Ghostscript and ghost view for
editing PDF files. Also avalible for widows and liniux. Liniux and retated
tools is also freely avalible if you get sick of microsoft.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Hugh at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Downloads Can't open--where
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:40:21 -0600

We uploaded this file in Excel format, you must have Excel loaded on
your computer to open.
Or think there may be a free reader from Microsoft for Excel.
Hugh
main TV

al m wrote:

 >I would like to download the combi cross file but I can't seem to open it.
I have Winzip trial version. Can any of you computer able techs help me?
 >al marquardt
 >ampm@xxxxxxx
 >Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
 >206 W Main
 >Girardville Pa. 17935
 >Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
 >http://sell.tech-assist.org
 >The Tech Address Book:
 >http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
 >Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
 >http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
 >Lost Password:
 >http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
 >Email Archives: