[TechAssist] Re: Does anyone have access to ADS Schematics?

  • From: Scott Beebe <Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: becyn <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:38:54 -0500

Hello becyn,
I am not working on it, it's another techs personal unit. The unit powers up
for a second, then shuts right down. He has replaced all the pwr. supply FET's.
He does not find anything obvious (Shorted), and I had him disconnect the rails
to the amp section to rule that out. (I believe it's OCP, and that he has an
open resistor, or bad x-sistor somewhere. The supply seems fairly basic.) When
it tries to power up, it will peg the current meter on our supply, then shuts
right down. The guy he bought it from, said it was hooked up backwards, but
from my experence, that would just short the diode.

 Thanx,

Scott Beebe
Ohm Electronics Inc.
609 W. Clinton St.
Ithaca NY 14850
Voice: (607) 273-8406
Fax: (607) 273-8743
WWW.OhmElectronicsInc.com
mailto:Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

becyn> All of those are fairly straightforward.  We take in just about
becyn> any brand even if we haven't heard of it. Rarely need anything special.

becyn> Whats the issue with your ADS?

becyn> Jim McVey
becyn> McVey Alltronix
becyn> 327 Broadway