[TechAssist] Re: Does anyone have a schematic for a Sony SLV-679HF VCR?

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <techforce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:42:39 -0500

If you want to do it the same way the Factories do it, take a Heat Gun, and
move it in a circular motion around the IC about 2 Inches from
it....depending on Wattage of Heat Gun.

Have a Small Flat Blade Screwdriver or X-Acto Knife under the end of the IC
between the PCB and the IC. While applying the heat, apply a slight twist to
the tool. When it starts to feel like its moving, you have reahed the
melting point of the solder....and can back off the Heat a bit to avoid
stress to the IC or Components around it.

Once IC is removed, clean up old Solder With Wick. When New IC is ready to
be installed, put new solder on the pads - use small amount to just fill the
pads a bit. Align IC so all the pins are in correct position on the
pads.....then use the heat gun again while holding the IC down with the
Tool. If you use too much solder on the pads, you may have to use the wick
again to clean up bridges. This is more prone to happpen on the flat pack
type IC's where the pins are coming out from all sides.

Steve
Technotronic Dimensions, NY (USA)
www.Technotronic-Dimensions.com
1-877-817-9885