[TechAssist] Re: Dell Power Supplies Repair (Dimension 8100) #O3E466.

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:29:24 -0500

David, I haven't worked on a Dell power supply, but I did repair a
couple of other computer supplies. There was a pair of 2SC3039 switching
transistors in the primary of the switch mode transformer that measured
ok out of circuit but did not function under load. New transistors
solved those supplies for me.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada