[TechAssist] Re: DVD repair questions

  • From: "D PANDAY" <dpanday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:27:50 -0400

Peter,
     I work on Toshiba and Sony DVDs'.
If the laser failure, 99% on the time customer refuse
repairs. Cheaper to replace.
Power supply problem normally be economical to fix, however,
Lightening problem can be expensive.
I will not advise you to repair because it will be step- by - step
and it can be Power supply, Laser drive cct, CPU, servo etc..
Hope it helps' you in your decision.
Panday

>From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [TechAssist] DVD repair questions Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:40:33
>+0000
>

>I have the following DVD players in the shop one of our techs diagnsoed as
>follows.
>
>RCA RC5215P SMPS -lightning???
>
>   - the question this unit looks cheap is it worth bothering with and are
>there any common high failure scenerios for it.
>
>The following were listed as bad laser asymblies?? (not seeing disk)
>
>Yamaha DVD-C900
>
>JVC XV-D2000
>

>I haven't seen any satisfactory database for DVD repairs or common faults.
>The other question is one of my freinds was telling me not to bother with
>replacing laser as they generally won't work.
>
>Peter Oliver
>Tucson Radio TV

>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>   http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/

Panday