[TechAssist] Re: Counterfeit Semiconductors

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:43:52 -0600

Same thing happened to me, with them 2 Transistors.(2SA1302, and 2SC3231).
I used them in TWO different Pioneer amps. BOTH of them blowed up, and
caused additional problems in the output ckts.
Mine was in the SK series package. I know better then to use SKs,...but,
that's all I could get my hands on at the time. I STILL don't know where to
get reliable replacements for them. Can't trust anybody, anymore.
Distributors won't listen. It goes in one ear, and out the other.

LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics        " Walk tall,...Walk straight
93 North Main                                   and look the world
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087                 right in the eye "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx