[TechAssist] Re: Converting voltages from NTSC to PAL

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 07:02:57 -0600

The voltages required in a given circuit have nothing to do with the AC
main.  I would suggest that if you need to work on a set with an input of
120VAC you turn your variac down to 120VAC or use a 120/240 transformer.

I work on very little 220 stuff, but I do have a 500W 220/120 transformer.
It works either way, step up or step down.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310