[TechAssist] Re: Computer Problem - Internet Explorer

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 22:29:59 -0800

Hi Wally,

You may want to start by using Adaware to find and remove all the
spyware which gets onto your computer as you surf the web. I see
"About Blank" as much as any popup. It is probably related to some
spyware which may in your case have caused some problems. BTW,
Adaware is completely free, as are many other maintenance
programs. Get them at download.com

Actually it would be best to first scan for viruses (only with the
very latest anti-virus updates) and then do disk cleanup, Scandisk
and defrag, and finally Adaware. System file checker if you think
system files may be at fault.

If you have been saving copies of previous registries (an absolute
must!) you could go back to a previous registry and very often that
fixes your problem. Windows 98 can back up the registry every time
you boot up but is not very reliable.

There are other programs that make this job real easy. If everyone
would at leasts make an image of their system occasionally these
hard to fix problems would be a cinch to deal with.

--
Best regards,
 Bil                            mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, December 3, 2002, 9:46:28 PM, you wote: