[TechAssist] Combo, JVC TV20240 headache

  • From: MagLfixIt4ya@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:10:11 EST

Hello all, the set came in dead and working without a print I found fuse
F5001 open and zener diode D5301 shorted, I replaced with a 15v 1watt zener,
would
anyone know if that is the correct value? Transistor Q5101 is good and all
other diodes and resistors check good, this did restore power however the VCR
section will not except a cassette. When the set is powered on the heads begin
rotation and stop (normal) but when a cassette is inserted nothing happens, the
cassette load motor does not engage. I tested the motor out of circuit and is
good. The IR lamp is good. Has anyone seen this set or similar? Im wondering
could this problem be an electrolytic cap? Or an IC protector? Or perhaps the
end and start sensors? Any help is appreciated.
Don@ Affordable Electronics
          153 Garfield Place
           Brooklyn NY 11215

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, click:
mailto:ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe%20chat