[TechAssist] Re: Cleaning Equipment after Fire?

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:33:52 -0500

Scott,

I have used Formula 409 Glass & Surface cleaner to wash boards in this type
of case and it works very well.  The Glass and surface cleaner is mostly
isopropanol and 2-butoxyethanol (the latter is the primary ingredient in
other 409 products.  This combination works very well and does not attack
plastics, enamels, and copper.  I have a hard time finding it so good luck.

If anyone knows a source for straight isopropanol I'd like to know.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL