[TechAssist] Re: Citizen to Funai TV/VCR combo model cross refs?

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:08:49 -0600

Gary,
If the UL# is 74K6, then it's a Funai. If after cleaning the mode switch,
you still have a shut down problem, you are on the right track, with the
regualtor ICs. You could also have a weak IR LED. You can use a Radio Shack
246-143 for the IR LED. I have found some IR LEDs weak, but the end sensors
don't give much trouble, except for bad solder connections. You will need to
pull the board to check the connections.

Good hunting.
Paul W

From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Citizen to Funai TV/VCR combo model cross refs?
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:38:16 -0500

I have a Citizen 19" TV/VCR combo made in June 1995. The model is
JCTV3086.
There is no FCC number. I suspect it's made by Funai because the picture
tube is Funai. Does anyone know of a model cross or at least a list of
Funai models made around the same time?

I can provide pictures of the chassis if that would help identify this
unit.
Thanks.

The problem I'm having is that the VCR portion accepts a cassette but
then it shuts the unit off before it will play, and leaves the cassette
in the machine. Unit came in dead and I replaced a bunch of high ESR
caps in PS. TV now works fine. The VCR part worked ok until I removed it
and cleaned the mechanism. Don't know what happened to make it act like
this now. I have manually loaded a cassette into the VCR by turning the
everything else except the mode switch which I am about to do. Will also
check for a 6V reg. to see if voltage is low, and will check for bad
connections on VCR board.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics