[TechAssist] Canon VT-30A or Panasonic PV-A860 portable VCR

  • From: "Rochowicz, Lawrence" <RochowiczL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:37:12 -0400

Hello All,

I'm new to the list and looking for information on either a Canon VT-30A or
Panasonic PV-A860 portable VCR normally used with the old hand held cameras.
These are from the 1980's pre- camcorder era.  I've searched the archives
and didn't find anything on these models. When I was a bench tech 10 plus
years ago for a service company with 16 department stores I worked on some
of these units with problems in the power supply/battery charging circuit.
They had some resistors burn up and if I remember correctly a transistor or
two go bad.  It opened a fuse also.  I have purchased one of these models
years ago and was using it as a travel VCR for the kids until it failed.
(You know we technicians don't like to throw thing away)  I recently
received another which I was to use as parts but it has the same problem.  I
recall the problem but not the fix and was wondering if someone had this
information or at least a copy of  the service manual.  I no longer work in
consumer electronics and do not do repairs (except on my own equipment) and
have lost the connections to the company I used to work for.   Please let me
know if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance,
Lawrence Rochowicz, CBET
Biomedical Engineering