[TechAssist] Re: Camcorder Batteries

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:19:30 -0500

The correct term is Nickel Metal Hydride, and NiMH is
correct.  NiCad is Nickel Cadmium.  The former is just a
battery based on the element Nickel and compound Metal
Hydride.  Like I mentioned below, they do not have a 'memory
effect' the way NiCads do.  They do not have to be fully
discharged before recharging the way NiCads to for maximum
life.
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner