[TechAssist] CTC203AA5, dead, need help

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 13:19:15 -0700

This RCA CTC203AA5 has B+ of 140 to HOT, pins 5 and 6 of eeprom have 5.2
volts on them and respond when I press the power button.  The only
missing voltage is on Q14104 which is missing 12 volts.  The horizontal
chirps when I plug in the power, but the TV won?t power up.  I can?t
force the set on by pressing menu and power together and then pressing
the volume up button.  What else can I check?  I don?t have a chipper
checker.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada