[TechAssist] CTC-187CN Set works for 2 weeks, won't turn on,unplug and plug back in, works.

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TECH-ASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 00:49:08 -0700

Just brought in chassis for this set as it is a 31? set.  Thought
problem was bad connections on hor driver transformer and turner wrap.
But no bad connections on transformer.  Symptoms are:  set goes dead?no
action from remote or power button on TV.  If I unplug the set I can
hear the relay releasing and the set shutting off.  I then plug the set
back into AC and the set will work normally for 2 weeks.  I thought the
relay in these sets was for the degauss circuit, so I don?t understand
why the relay is clicking off when the set is unplugged from the wall.
TIA

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada