[TechAssist] CTC187 Slight Change In Width OK?

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ".TECHASSIST @ freelists . org" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:56:35 -0700

GE 32" TV
CTC187

Replaced bad flyback and HOT (flyback tested OK and picture was fine,
it was causing HOT to overheat). Used original RCA flyback.

Set works almost perfectly now (HOT is not too hot). But picture gets
about 1/2 inch wider during some brightness changes (as scenes change).

I don't want to take the set apart unless this type of width change
is abnormal for this model, as this is my 32" set and I have it in an
awkward location in my bedroom.

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green