[TechAssist] CTC185 snowy pic below Ch 51- all above clear.

  • From: "Danny Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:06:13 -0400

What:   25" Color TV
Make:   GE
Model:   25GT240 TX1  (factory Refrub)
Chassis:   CTC185AA

Problem: All Cable Channels above Ch 51 are clear. All Channels below Ch 51
are very snowy!

Last week set came in, I replaced U7301V CXA1695L tuner IC and this repaired
problem. I noted while putting the set back together, that when I bumped the
Y7401P Tuner Crystal nearby, the channels got snowy again, but Cleared up
when I wiggled the crystal, so I resoldered the crystal and all appeared
fine. Well, today the set came back with same problems again, so I replaced
the Y7401P tuner crystal and still no fix, I carefully went back over all
solder in area, no fix. I do not have another CXA1695L IC, but they will
arrive tomorrow and I'll replace that again. What else am I missing? Anyone
seen this?

Garris Radio & TV
Danny Garris
New Bern, NC