[TechAssist] Re: CTC169, 27" TV with black video, OSD works

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:06:23 EDT

 You might take a magnified look at the front corner foil pattern of the main
circuitboard for cracks near the video circuit. I once inadvertently
misaligned the board and cracked the left front side near the corner edge
causing a
loss of video and progam memory. I had induced two clear breaks in the fine
foil
pattern. Sometimes grabbing for straws is the shortcut for a repair.

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Frreeport, Maine

Do you get video from any of the aux inputs (ch 91)?

Look for "chocolate drop syndrome" that is, in some of the modules they put
a bumper that melts, runs down the pcbs and does lots of strange things.

There is an smd buffer, q2707 pn 215495 at about board location H21.  This
part number q is a high failure item wherever it lives.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310