[TechAssist] Buyer Beware! Defective cap kit Alert!

  • From: "Tim Poole" <tdp13158@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Parts_Link@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "TV Repair Group" <tv-repair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:02:43 -0500

I bought 2 Cap kits from Mat Electronics, RCA cap kit #13-200.Today  I
installed a .0162  1600v cap and several other caps in a CTC169JS5 included in
the kit and couldnt figure out why the high voltage would pulse on and off. I
usually check all parts before I install them but I was in a hurry. What a
mistake. Several hours later I finally pulled the cap out and it checked .0043
NOT .0162 as printed on the cap.  I called Mat and informed them but they didnt
even offer to replace the kit but said they would inform someone of the
problem. Please be careful not to buy this kit and waist several hours like I
did by just trusting the value of the cap. Everyone of them(all four included
in both kits) checked the same value, so this is definitely a problem.

Tim Poole   tdp13158@xxxxxxxxxxx
dba A-Mobile TV Shop & Precision TV Service
Fredericktown, Ohio 43019
NESDA of OHIO MEMBER
fax 740-694-1032