[TechAssist] Re: BACKING UP WINDOWS 2000 (NTFS File System)

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:37:57 -0500

There are two programs available that will do what you want, I have and use
both on a daily basis. Both programs do more than you are asking for and may
be more costly than you'd expect. One is Laplink and the other is
PCAnywhere, both have file transfer and will both clone and update changes.
Laplink calls this feature SpeedSync and PCAnywhere calls it SpeedSend. In
my opinion Laplink does the best job of file transfers while PCAnywhere does
the best job of remote control, that's why I use both, one for file
transfers and updating my backups and the other for remote control.....shop
to shop and home to shops etc. You can find both web sited simply by
entering the program name in Google search.I use them with Windows 2000, and
98 and have used them with 95, 3.1 and dos in the past.
Jim Myers
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx