[TechAssist] Re: Anyone using Yahoo mail with Thunderbird

  • From: "J. Knoll" <jaystv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 14:42:24 -0400

If you have Yahoo Mail Plus you will be able to use the pop feature.
If all you have is the free Yahoo mail account you cannot pop was
disabled a long time ago. Google Mail called Gmail will allow free
accounts to use pop for free. I used to use pop mail with Yahoo and
had to stop once they disabled it for free accounts.   Jay

On 5/1/05, Ben Daniels <bens74820@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hope this is not off topic to much if so mail me
> direct (bens74820@xxxxxxxxx). Here is my question I
> tried to set up Thunderbird and it times out at yahoo
> mail. Was told that if using a free yahoo acc't it may
> not work. Is anyonr using this setup. If so maybe you
> can mail me with instructions. Thanks Ben
>=20
> Randy Daniels
> Ben's TV Repair
> 123 Arlington St.
> Ada, Okla. 74820
> bens74820@xxxxxxxxx
>=20
> http://mail.yahoo.com
----
> Appliance Repair List: http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/chatjoin.htm=
#app
>=20
>=20

--=20
J. Knoll  TechAssist Monitor
TechAssist
225 Monticello Ave.
Clarksburg WV, 26301
www.tech-assist.org www.techassist.net=20
PS:
 If replying to this email, please include all previous correspondence.=20
 It is the only way we can get the full picture. Thank You!!!