[TechAssist] Re: Any Apex ASC's

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:56:14 -0700 (PDT)

Peggs
Two things that you may not be aware of. 1.There are two menus on the remote.
On the bottom row it says D menu,that is for the DVD. 2. You need to allow 1
second between each time a button is pushed on the remote.Per the manual.
                                                                 Paul

peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Customer has brought me a TV/DVD combo model GT-2015DV.
It's fixed(cleaned lens),I just have weird steps I have to go thru to start
the unit
playing a DVD,if it will play the DVD at all.

1. I have (2) DVD's,that go into playing the DVD on it's own(as these 2 do
on in all DVD players).

2. I have a couple of DVD's,that come to the 'home screen'.
Where you can start the movie,or select language/audio settings/or scene
selections.
It always comes up on the 'play movie' selection,and hitting play(on all
DVD players)
starts the Playback.........not on this unit.
Hitting play/pause,causes the unit to pause,hitting it again starts
the play again,but only on to the 'home screen',it stops there.
I have to hit Stop twice,then hit play,and it will play the DVD.

3. I have a couple of DVD's that come to the 'home screen',on the start
movie selection as usual,but
I cannot start the movie.Hitting play/pause,causes the unit to
pause,hitting it again starts
the play again,but only on to the 'home screen'.Hitting Stop twice and then
play,starts the
DVD again,but it only comes to the 'home screen'.
I can't get these DVD's past the 'home screen'.

I have the OEM remote also,but the buttons on it act the same as the
buttons on the unit.
I've been thru all the menu settings I can change,although I have a Setup
button that brings up
choices of
General Settings
Speaker Setup
Audio Settings
(Preferences)
Exit Setup
but I can't go 'into' any of these,nor select any of them(it's stuck on
General settings)
I'm no dummy,but I sure feel like one on this unit.....of course the
customer doesn't have a clue either.

Literally,there will be some DVD's this customer won't be able to
watch(they'll be stuck on the 'home screen').

Peggs

Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301