[TechAssist] Alpine Car Radio CDA-7894

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:05:34 -0400

Calling All Alpine Car Radio Techs,

This unit came in dead. Found L5952 with a hole in the middle, it's a
processor controlled regulator. I replaced L5952 and TDA7560 (audio
output IC). Checked all diodes, etc. and found nothing bad. As I was
bringing up the power supply I heard a "beep", saw the display light up
and then it all powered down. Is this thing gone to sleep? Maybe some
sort of protection because it's been powered down completely, repaired
and now powered back up. Does anyone know about these units? Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David Lessard
Mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx