[TechAssist] Re: Aiwa Receiver AV-X100U need Power transformer

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:17:53 -0400

Al, did you check to see if there is a thermo fuse in the primary?

Do you know what the secondary voltage(s) are rated at? If so perhaps a
generic Hammond or some other brand of transformer will work as a sub.
Also, I have a few stereo power transformers around here. Do you have a
photo of it or a part number on it?

About 10 years ago I had a job on a friend's Realistic stereo receiver.
It needed a power transformer, NLA. This thing had multiple secondary
windings. To come up with all the necessary windings, I had to install 3
separate transformers in the unit. Worked fine and still going today. I
know that some of you only like to use original parts though.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984