[TechAssist] Admiral MWL2573S (9-1354 master) power on delay after push power

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:36:48 -0500

In revisiting this TV trying to reason why there is the delay of 5
seconds  from power button pushing  to actually turning on, I found if
the set is left plugged in, there is no delay.
I replaced the two lytics in the smps, the relay cap(all ESR OK) and
completely resoldered the chassis. Maybe it's the nature of the beast,
but it bugs me. Once on, all seems OK.
I think, to use a tech friend's phrase, the set , when initially plugged
in, needs "to get it's marbles together". Micro initiates, standby ckts
charge,etc. So, I will release the set after the smps cap replacements
and thorough resolder of the board and final alignments.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)